The Marsh River Cooperative invites you to submit artwork for consideration as the logo that will represent the Co-op. The chosen design will be used in promotional materials to bring attention to the cooperative and it members, events the co-op hosts or sponsors, fundraising campaigns, and much more. Your submission must be in possession of the Co-op by July 15th 2014. Email email@example.com for entry form.
General Design Guidelines:
The design should be graphic in nature, using minimal or no gradients and contain four or fewer colors. This is to ensure the image will be easily reproduced, and to be sure it is affordable to print the image. Alternatively, you may submit a full color and black and white version of your graphic image, to be judged as one entry, with the images to be used in appropriate locations as determined by the Board of Directors of the co-op. Ideas that the board members have expressed interest in contain elements of water and bridges similar to the one over the Marsh River in Brooks Village. These are merely starting ideas, and we encourage you to review the co-op’s mission statement and visit the storefront (5 Veteran’s Highway, Brooks) for further inspiration. The image should contain, or be easily altered to contain in its vicinity in print, the words “Marsh River Cooperative” or “Marsh River Co-op”. This may mean simply leaving an appropriate amount of negative space around your image, or it may mean fully integrating the words as elements in your design. Either is acceptable, as is inserting the text is a less integrated way. However be aware that low quality text may detract from your image. The logo should be easily scalable, reproducing well as both a large and small image. This means your image should be neither too detailed, nor overly simple, also consider what the logo looks like up close, and from far away. With that said, we do encourage you to follow your aesthetic if you feel a simple image can suit the purpose of the logo.
Here are further guidelines for your entry:
- All images must be originals. No part of your image may be a reproduction of another persons work.
- Drawings, paintings, or computer rendered images only. Only 2-D images will be accepted.
- Photographs and mixed media images will not be accepted.
- If using color, be cautious about using gradients. Shaded images and watercolors are beautiful, but can be challenging to reproduce.
- Artwork should be submitted on paper that is at least 8.5”x 8.5” but does not exceed 11”x 11”. Remember your image should fill the paper, but your image and paper do not have to be square.
- Your submission must be in possession of the Co-op by July 15th 2014. We encourage you to enter as early as possible, the Board reserves the right to select an image before the deadline if they find it to be exemplary.
- You may submit as many images as you want; but remember, quality counts.
- The Marsh River Cooperative’s Board of Directors will approve the final design. When a submission is preliminarily selected as the winner, the artist may be asked to make some adjustments to improve the reproduction value of the image, better reflect the image of the co-op as determined by the Board, or integrate additional information not found in the original. The Board may select another winner if the Board and the artist cannot come to an agreement regarding adjustments to the image.
- The Marsh River Cooperative obtains perpetual and exclusive licensing for the use of the selected design in all forms and formats. The Marsh River Cooperative may reproduce in any fashion, including multimedia and electronic imaging, all or any portion of the design, and distribute for profit any reproductions of the design.
- The winning artist will receive a $100 gift card to the Co-op, mention in the co-op newsletter/email, and space to display promotional materials for their art in an appropriate section of the co-op for a minimum of one month, with the potential for a longer term arrangement to be agreed upon by artist and the Board.
- Artists may pick up their artwork between September 1st and October 31st at the cooperative during normal business hours. Those submissions left beyond October 31st will become the property of the Marsh River Cooperative.