2012 Highlights and Looking Ahead to 2013
Thank you for taking part in Belfast Creative Coalition’s ground breaking first year! Created and funded through a Maine Arts Commission Creative Communities=Economic Development Grant with matching funds from the City of Belfast, Waterfall Arts, Our Town Belfast, and the University of Maine Hutchinson Center, Belfast Creative Coalition set off last February to coordinate and promote the bustling arts and culture of Waldo County. Now with the first year behind us we look forward to new friends, new connections, and new programs in 2013.
Highlights from 2012
- Created an online arts and cultural website to highlight area creatives and Belfast Area cultural events
- Attracted 100 artists to our Artist Networking Night with Jackie Battenfield author of The Artist’s Guide
- Formed a Calendar Sync Networking Breakfast for event leaders and created a common calendar in the website
- Brought together over 50 leaders from the of arts and culture sector to introduce the Maine Arts Commission’s new Director, Julie Richard
- Received a $5000 Arts Expansion Grant from the Maine Community Foundation to create the Farm and Arts Studio Trail
- Received a $10,000 Davis Family Foundation grant for Belfast Creative Coalition’s arts and culture strategic marketing plan
- $16,000 in volunteer hours – Thank you volunteers! You make this happen.
- 463 directory listings and events on website, with visitors from all over the US, including Philadelphia, Washington DC, and California
Looking ahead to 2013
- Continue publicizing the creativity of Waldo County through event and venue listings on our website and with the creation of the Waldo County Farm and Arts Trail
- Grow our Facebook following and use it as another outlet to share with people what is going on in Waldo County. Please like us!
- Cultivate relationships and partnerships with the local arts and business community
- Develop a membership system
- Host educational and professional development events for artists and cultural leaders
- Continue developing the website to best serve the community
- Seek 501 (c) 3 non-profit status