The final First Friday Art Walk of 2013, Friday, December 6th, 5-8pm is filled with seasonal activities and downtown Belfast gallery holiday art openings and receptions! Seasonal crafts and art will warm your soul and delight your senses this December!
Paper Snowflake Making for Children with Bridget Matros and Bre Bebb at High Street Gallery, 5 – 6:30 PM. A free frenzy of paper and scissors, Bridget and Bree will lead kids in the creative and safe cutting of paper into cute holiday snowflakes.
- Belfast Flying Shoes Contra Dance Series celebrates its 8th Birthday, cupcake tree included, 8pm
- High Street Gallery opens its holiday show and features Sally’s Santa’s, which is sure to bring you much delight!
- Raven’s Nest Gallery opens their holiday show “Come Together”, meet the artists while celebrating with refreshments.
- Betts Gallery opens with a Holiday Gala featuring a variety of local and popular artists of the Belfast area.
- Come listen to live music and taste a bit of locally made Bixby chocolates while perusing the Small Works Extravaganza at Aarhus.
- Third Eye Gallery hosts a warm thank you with refreshments and holiday celebration show, Add Some Heat!
- Belfast Co-op Cafe Gallery opens with Lily Piel’s photographic portraits of people who helped revive farming in Maine and remain committed to the cause.
- Northern Lights Gallery curator, Captain Karen Miles, has returned from the Wanderbird’s sailing season, bringing new treasures from Labrador and Newfoundland artists as well as her own lino-prints of her journey north.
- Waterfall Arts’ annual holiday saleable art exhibit Rusty Bits, a show and sale of work by metal artists, including jewelers, fabricators and sculptors. Show opens Friday, December 6th with a reception from 5 to 8 pm
- Belfast Bay Shade Co. & Colibri Architects presents an evening of ART, Illumination, Adornment and TANGO! with Carol Stenberg and Dina Petrillo.
And last but not least, check out Maine Farmland Trust Gallery’s small works holiday show, Inch By Inch, Row By Row. Your sure to find that locally made item for your special someone!