New England Foundation for the Arts grants to New England choreographersDeadline 09-26-2016
New England Dance Fund awards small, catalytic grants directly to choreographers who identify and articulate a critical opportunity that will significantly advance their career in dance. The fund aims to strengthen the dance sector in the New England region.
This opportunity is open to choreographers living and working full time in New England who meet any of the following criteria:
• NEST-eligible choreographers with a profile in CreativeGround.
• CreativeGround profile holders with DANCE as their primary discipline.
• Have applied to a NEFA program in the last three years (Including NEST, Expeditions, NDP, or Creative City).
• Attended Idea Swap, or a New England program planning session in the last three years
• Attended the NEFA Dance info session.
• Participated in RDDI New England.
Eligible choreographers may apply for a range of activities, including but not limited to:
• residencies/tour planning/artist fees needed to prepare a work for a pivotal presentation opportunity
• research trips/conferences/workshops or other trainings that build creative or administrative skills
• publication expenses/documentation/video shoots
• consultant or mentorship expenses
The New England Dance Fund gives priority to timely opportunities with the goal of supporting a diverse group of artists from a range of cultures, disciplines, aesthetics, and career stages throughout all six New England states.
Read more about it here: